Friday, March 7, 2008

Grandparents are Grand


My entire life has been shaped by grandparents who have loved me. They were always involved in my life in ways I appreciate as an adult. Both sets of grandparents had a profound influence on me. I remember when we moved to Wichita, Grandma Shull made us memorize her phone number so if we had any trouble we could call her. I still know her number today. Sunday dinner at Grandma's is a memory I have that I will always cherish. I enjoy taking my kids out there now. The feeling of being connected to something much larger than your individual family gives you a security that you cannot experience anywhere. My own parents are becoming that kind of grandparents to my children. Their memories will be filled with many happy times. I am grateful to a family that loves each other and cherishes the time they spend together.

1 comment:

ckm said...

So fun to see your parents!

I too have fond memories of my grandparents...and I still have their phone number memorized as well!

This is fun catching up on you and your adorable family (handsome boys!)
Corin